Internet Blocking and Website Blocking Software: Blocking the Threats
The biggest threat to a network is employee Internet access without having an Internet blocking or website blocking software in place. Everything from performance hits from spyware and viruses to legal liability from offensive sites, it's the way employees use the Internet that problems get introduced to your network. The key to controlling these dangers is through controlling access through Internet blocking and website blocking software.
An even better solution is a dedicated Internet blocking and website blocking appliance: iPrism. iPrism is a dedicated Internet blocking and website blocking appliance, which combines intelligent blocking software with a secure network device. iPrism's blocking software and dedicated appliance package provides network protection that is unmatched by any other Internet blocking or website blocking software product:
iPrism Internet blocking and website blocking software: Dedicated for Filtering
- Scalability - no matter how large your network grows or how much the hardware changes, iPrism blocking software provides the same level of Internet blocking and website blocking protection, without fail
- Flexibility - set up both effective website blocking and Internet blocking according to your company's needs, and change it easily
- Low maintenance blocking software - with easy setup and automatic updates
- Low total cost of ownership - no additional blocking hardware, software, training or personnel needed.
iPrism combines the strengths of blocking software (superior filtering and easy configuration ) with the strengths of hardware-based Internet blocking (simple network integration and system-level tools). The iPrism Internet blocking and website blocking software package gives you fine-grained control over what websites are allowed to be accessed by your employees and accurate identification of site content so that your network is protected from the full range of threats:
- Kernel-level filtering. iPrism's Internet blocking and website blocking software uses special kernel-integrated filters to scan every single packet of traffic. Kernel-level Internet blocking is more reliable and faster than blocking software and can recognize multiple Internet protocols.
- Network compatibility. Since iPrism is a dedicated Internet blocking and website blocking appliance, it plugs straight into the existing network, without having to reconfigure the firewall or try to find platform-specific blocking software.
- iGuard database. iGuard is the only 100% human-reviewed database in the industry, compiling millions of URLs.
- Category-based Internet blocking and website blocking software. iGuard's Internet blocking and website blocking software has 63 categories, and each page in a website is individually categorized and allowed or blocked separately. Rather than website blocking, iGuard's website blocking and Internet blocking software provides total content blocking - you decide the kind of pages to filter rather than trying to identify every site to block.
- Multiple, adaptable user profiles. User profiles define what categories are allowed or blocked for different employee types. Profiles also provide time ranges for access, blacklists, overrides, and other ways of specializing content control.
EdgeWave is proud to announce the release of our Mobile Device Security solutions for employees who engage in business on their smartphones, tablets and laptops. Also review or new Social Media Security products for corporations and goverment agencies.
For additional Edgewave documentation, please review the following white paper repositories:
EdgeWave Email Security White Papers
EdgeWave Web Filter White Papers